Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ben ben is offline

Default GetObject method not work after Call Shell Method

actually what happens, i've studied this quite a bit, is that automation was
turned off for outlook as the Registry Key taht provides for outlook was
deleted, and Outlook no longer supports the /regserver switch, microsoft.com
KB provided that information for me. I looked up the automation registry key
on microsoft.com and it no longer exists for Outlook, though all other office
applications still work fine.
--
When you lose your mind, you free your life.
Ever Notice how we use '' for comments in our posts even if they aren''t

"keepITcool" wrote:

Yep missed

Extensive googling didn't find any indication that Microsoft has
disabled this in a recent release or SP, and frankly it would surprise
me.

Posts by Sue Mosher (Outlook MVP) suggest it's more likely
an antivirus program blocking access to scripting.

--
keepITcool

Tom Ogilvy wrote in

Guess you missed where he said createobject for Outlook had been
disabled by Microsoft:

I can not use CreateObject for the last service pack microsoft
released killed that function for outlook.