floss

Default hairpulling-trouble with pasting a chart into word

Hi there, I do hope someone can help me - I'm going nuts.
When I do this job at work, there is no problem at all, so am confused
why my laptop at home won't play ball. I have made sure (at least I
think I have) that all the settings are the same.
I have a word document open and an excel sheet with the chart I want to
copy into word, I uncheck the 'size with window' box (from toolsoptions
- chart tab), yet, the second I paste into word it - sizes with the
window, into a squished chart. What am I doing wrong?
any help would be appreciated,
Floss

--
floss