Dave Peterson

Here's an article that explains how the problem occurs in VBA (with solution)
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q110462
XL: ShowDataForm Method Fails If Data Can't Be Found

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
With activesheet
.Range("A4:V1366").Name = "'" & .Name & "'!database"
.ShowDataForm
End With
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

(Did you want the range based on the selection or by the address???)

viddom wrote:

Dear members,I am quite fresh using macros.Therefore,I would like you to be
patient:
A. Situation: I recorded a macro that must open a dataform where I can see
information about a small database in Excel, but when I run it, it tells me
that there is a mistake, then I debugged the macro and found out this in the
code

Sub LoadDataForm()
'
' LoadDataForm Makro
' Makro am 7/28/2005 von Vidal A. Castillo aufgezeichnet
'
Range("A4").Select
Range("A4:V1366").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm
End Sub

B. The debugger tells me that the problem is in the line
"ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm" but I don't understand why

C. Can somebody tells me what am I doing wrong.

--

Dave Peterson