Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Finding an average with the lookup function

Hi,

Am Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:14:04 +0000 schrieb td678:

Note that this function does not actually work. What I want to do is to
take a value (F56), go and find where it is previously in the F column,
return the result from the corresponding C column, and then average
everything between that corresponding C column result and C56. This
function does a good job at looking up the correct value, but I am
unable to figure out how to do the averaging part. Any help would be
greatly appreciated, as I have been stuck on this for hours. Thank you!

try:
=SUMIF(F19:F55,F56,C19:C55)/COUNTIF(F19:F55,F56)

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2