Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ingineu ingineu is offline

Default Sort referencing incorrect worksheet

I'm trying to accomplish the following:

- Concatenate 4 Worksheets into 1 data sheet
- Sort the new data sheet

I have a separate worksheet that has a command button for initiatin
the task. My problem lies in the SORT. For some reason it is tryin
to sort the worksheet where the command button is located. Almost a
if the Select does not activate the 'TempData' worksheet. My cod
follows.

Code
-------------------
' Create Data Sheet
Call CopyWSToTempData ' this works

' Sort Data
newDataSheet = "TempData"
Sheets(newDataSheet).Select
totalcols = Sheets(newDataSheet).UsedRange.Columns.Count
totalrows = Sheets(newDataSheet).UsedRange.Rows.Count
shtRange = "A1:K" & totalrows
Sheets(newDataSheet).Range(shtRange).Select

Range(shtRange).Sort _
Key1:=Range("E1"), Order1:=xlAscending, _
Key2:=Range("F1"), Order2:=xlAscending, _
Key3:=Range("G1"), Order3:=xlAscending, _
Header:=xlNo, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:= _
xlTopToBottom, DataOption1:=xlSortNormal, DataOption2:=xlSortNormal, _
DataOption3:=xlSortNorma

Help would be appreciated. Thanks

--
ingine