Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DoctorG DoctorG is offline

Default Using the Match Function?

To my knowledge MATCH works with an array and not with a range. MATCH Arrays
must have only one dimension which is why you get a N/A if you use a
multi-column range for the 2nd argument.

I am not sure how you can traverse a range in a match statement one column
(or row) at a time so that MATCH works. I would do it in code.

If I am wrong on the above please correct me. I have run into a similar
situation in the past and I only managed to make MATCH work with a single
column range.

I am also not sure how Nicole uses her approach. Nicole please explain...