Andy Pope

Here is a code snippet that will display count of series on primary and
secondary axis.

Sub x()
Dim intCountP As Integer
Dim intCountS As Integer
Dim objSeries As Series

With ActiveChart
For Each objSeries In .SeriesCollection
If objSeries.AxisGroup = xlPrimary Then
intCountP = intCountP + 1
Else
intCountS = intCountS + 1
End If
Next
End With
MsgBox "Primary axis has " & intCountP & " Series" & vbLf & _
"Secondary axis has " & intCountS & " Series"
End Sub

Cheers
Andy

raydenl wrote:
Hi, I have a VBA function like so:

Code:
--------------------

Private Sub AddSeries(ByVal strName As String, ByVal rngValues As Range, ByVal rngValuesX As Range, ByVal xlAxis As XlAxisGroup)
With Charts("Chart").SeriesCollection.NewSeries
.AxisGroup = xlAxis

.ChartType = xlLine
.Name = strName
.Values = rngValues
.XValues = rngValuesX
End With
End Sub

--------------------

Sometimes I add a series to the Primary Y axis and other times to the
Secondary.

How can I determine how many series are on the Primary and how many on
the secondary?????

Application could begin with an unknown number of series already
present on each axis so can't use a counter.

Cheers,
Rayden

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel