Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default how can I get the appeared value from the cell?

FileDate = "2/2/2006"
filedate = format(cDate(filedate) , "YYMM")
Tom Ogilvy

"Raven" wrote in message
oups.com...
let say I have a string or date variable fileDate and on "a1" I have
the date value of 2/2/2006

when I use the code filedate = formate(filedate , "YYMM")
msgbox(filedate) it gives me 27/10/2064 which I have completely no clue
what had happened. So I think I should try another way. using format
cell I turned the appeared value of "a1" to be 0602 and I hope to get
this "0602" into my variable. My problem is that when I copy the data
it doesnt copy the appeared value but the genuine value 2/2/2006 which
is not what i wanted