Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Which folder - good practice?

Ahhh.

I'd be worried about putting stuff in my documents, too. As a user, I might
even delete it if I saw it just hanging around.

Maybe a hidden folder (won't be hidden by all users, though). (or a hidden file
on c:\???).

I would consider putting that file on C:\. Keep it in the open and maybe a .txt
file that explains why it's there???

Sunbank wrote:

Hi Dave - thanks for your response. The INI file I'm writing is binary
and is very convenient for storing variant arrays. I also use the
registry, but typically for text data, so would prefer to continue to
use the custom INI approach.

Neil

--

Dave Peterson