Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default unlocking problem

I assume the sheet is protected, so you need to unprotect it to change the
locked property

Activesheet.Unprotect
ActiveSehet.Columns("N:N").Locked = False
Activesheet.Protect

If you are just trying to work with the cells using code, you might use the
interfaceonly property - only setable via code.

Activesheet.Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True

This should avoid the need to unlock the cells. If you want to allow user
access, then see the first suggestion.

Tom Ogilvy

"dorre" wrote in message
Hi

I have columns that are normally locked with protection on. But, I need

have code that allows me to temporarily unluck column N. Why do I get an
error (1004: unable to set the locked property of the range class) with
this code?

Activesheet.Columns("N:N").Select
Selection.Locked = False

thanks