Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Removing Links

Open the workbook and update links

Then go to Edit=Links

Select the like to the other workbook and select change source. Point it to
your current workbook/change the source to the current workbook. .

Save the file.

Tom Ogilvy

"rothco" wrote in
message ...

I have a workbook and I have set up VBA code to save the workbook as a
different workbook.

All is working fine except when I open the new workbook I get asked if
I want to update the links to the old workbook.

I want to break this link when I write my new workbook so I set the
save code to be:

With newBook
UpdateRemoteReferences = False
SaveLinkValues = False
SaveAs Filename:=strFileName
Close
End With

Trouble is this doesn't seem to work. My new workbook still has the
Update Remote References option set on when I open the new workbook and
I get asked if I want to update the references.

I want to save the book without the links being active.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Roy

--