Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Simon Lloyd[_696_] Simon Lloyd[_696_] is offline

Default Keeping a named range between two dates?

Tom, JMB,

Thanks for replying, i can perform fairly routine vba programming but
any more than simple is a bit beyond me. To get my named range i
highlighted the area i wanted and then in the window next to the
formula bar gave it a name, the first range is called Hols1 and this
=Holidays!$A$14:$AK$133 is the range, i use the ranges like this
=COUNTIF(Hols1,E2)*8+COUNTIF(Hols2,E2)*12+COUNTIF( Hols3,E2)*8+F2 on
another sheet where hols2 & 3 represent the other 2 portions of the
year.

So i would like know how to change the "hols" for something where it
would only count if the value of E2 is found between and including 2
dates i.e count for as many times if "eric" (the value of E2) is found
between 1/1/06 & 15/4/06 inclusive and so on...

the countif stuff i did above seemed fairly simple, but the rest is
beyond me!

regards,

Simon

--