Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
burl_rfc_h burl_rfc_h is offline

Default Creating a Dynamic Named Range Using Sheet Name and Column Header

Is their a simplified method of creating a dynamic range using the
column header and the sheet name.

For example suppose that in cell A2 I have a column header such as Date
Machined, then beneath A2 I have a number of cells containing dates,
obviously creating a dynamic range using the Insert Name Define from
cell A2 would be as written below

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$2,1,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-1,1), the range name in
this case would be Date_Machined

I have a number of columns with column headers that I'd like to apply a
dynamic range but also using the sheet name, let's say the above
example would be Date_Machined_Sheet1

To simply things if I select the appropriate column then run the macro
it would suffice nicely.