Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Playing a sound file from Excel

put this in a REGULAR module

Option Private Module
Declare Function sndPlaySound Lib "WINMM.DLL" Alias "sndPlaySoundA" _
(ByVal lpszSoundName As String, ByVal uFlags As Long) As Long

Private Sub playmysound()
SoundName$ = "c:\TakeFive\TakeFive.wav"
'SoundName$ = "c:\" & [myfolder] & "\" & [myfile] & ".wav"
wFlags% = SND_ASYNC Or SND_NODEFAULT
counter = 0
Do Until counter = [timestoplay]
x% = sndPlaySound(SoundName$, wFlags%)
counter = counter + 1
Loop

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Larry" wrote in message
Here's what I'm trying to do - any help is appreciated.

I have an Excel workbook with several worksheets. I want an audio file
(in
.wma format) to start playing when I activate a worksheet. I've been able
play a .wav file using the sndPlaySound32 dll but it doesn't seem to work
with a .wma file.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance,
Larry