Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dbarelli[_6_] dbarelli[_6_] is offline

Default Playing a sound file from Excel

One solution could be inserting the WMA fila as an object and call it from
the code with:

'Replace "Object 4" with the name of your object
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Object 4").Select
Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary

....the only thing is that it will be open on your default player.

Regards.

"Larry" wrote:

Here's what I'm trying to do - any help is appreciated.

I have an Excel workbook with several worksheets. I want an audio file (in
.wma format) to start playing when I activate a worksheet. I've been able to
play a .wav file using the sndPlaySound32 dll but it doesn't seem to work
with a .wma file.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance,
Larry