Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tony h[_65_] tony h[_65_] is offline

Default How to read Rows within a Column through ADO ...

An observation and I hope you take it in good spirit.

If your intention is just to find the blank row and do something with
it in Excel then stick with Excel there are plenty of good and easy
ways to do it.

If someone is intending to learn about ADO and hasn't much experience
with SQL then I suggest they start by plaaying about with Access (which
uses ADO). Once they have got the principles sorted out there it is much
easier to see how to apply it to Excel.

I quite often use ADO for operations on a spreadsheet but I find it
takes a good deal of experience to determine when it is the right thing
to do. Three yypical reasons I use ADO (or DAO) on a spreadsheet are :
- analysing large volumes of data on a spreadsheet
- importing data from a spreadsheet into a database
- comparing data where SQL provides better facilities

I hope this helps and good luck

regards,

--
tony h