Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sergio Luis Martins Sergio Luis Martins is offline

Default File sized in inexplicable way

Hi Jim,

I'm sorry if my message isn't so understandable.

Yes. I deleted all entire rows and columns, therefore all formats and
contents were deleted too because all deleted rows and columns were
substituted for new ones. As I said, the workbook is totally clean.

Regards,

Sergio

"Jim Cone" wrote in message
Sergio,

Your message said...
"I deleted:
...All entire rows and columns (All formats and contents)"

However, you must replace the empty rows and columns with new ones,
not just clear them. Maybe this will explain it better...
http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Sergio Luis Martins" wrote in message
Hi Jim Cone,
Thanks for your reply but, before disturb you here, I already had done
this
many times, opening and saving the file in the Excel 2K, XP and, 2003
without success.
Regards,
Sergio

"Jim Cone" wrote in message
Sergio,

You should delete empty columns and rows by right-clicking
on the column and row headings and selecting delete from
the popup menu.
Also, you will probably have to save the workbook before any
file size reduction takes place.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Sergio Luis Martins" wrote in message...
Hi All,
I was working in workbook with some formats and some VBA codes that had
about 90 Kb and, without I do nothing extraordinary, it got 1,6 Mb.
Trying
to discover what made happen the problem, I deleted all things but the
size
is already in 1,4Mb.
I deleted:
- All objects and comments
- All entire rows and columns (All formats and contents)
- All VBA code
- All others sheets but 1
Is there something that I forgot to delete?
TIA
Sergio