Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Pass function as argument to UDF

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 20:06:17 -0800, "Zack Barresse"
wrote:

Limitations are limitations, Ron. I don't know what to tell you.

I agree with that statement.

You wrote: "Do a search on Excel's cell length limitations for
more information."

All I was able to find was a 32,000+ limitation for cell contents.

I don't understand how this explains the apparent 255 character limit from
using the SUBSTITUTE function to pass a string to a UDF, when that function is
referring to a cell whose string was constructed by various formulas.

I guess you don't understand that either, or I've not been able to express
myself clearly.

--ron