Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Markus Obermayer Markus Obermayer is offline

Default How to read CSV lines into different Worksheets depending on a date field?

Assume I have a EXCEL file with lets say 5 different worksheets labelled 2001,2002,2003,2004,2005
and a Comma separated text file containing number of lines with e.g. the following format
(notice the date in the third field!):

A,,21-07-2001,xxx,45432.34
HH,0,18-01-2004,kkk,453673.00
B,,08-09-2003,yyy,363.46
.....more lines.....

What I want to achieve now is to read this CSV file into the EXCEL file
AND to store each line into the refering Worksheet depending on the years part of the date
in the third field.

In other words the first line above should be stored into Worksheet named "2001",
the second line into Worksheet named "2004", ....

How do I do this in a smart way ?

Markus