Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] naveenskt@gmail.com is offline

Default Problems with user created command bar

I have a command bar that is created when the workbook is open. I need
to hide/unhide a few columns based on what the user selects. I use the
function below to do hide/unhide the columns. ProjectPlan refers to the
code name of the worksheet that I need to hide/unhide the columns for.

Public Sub ShowHide(RangeName As String, Show As Boolean)
'**** Function for showhiding ****
projectPlan.Range(RangeName).EntireColumn.Hidden = Not Show
If Show Then

projectPlan.Sheets("Project Plan").Range(RangeName).Cells(1, 1).Select

I am running into problems when there are 2 workbooks open. The VBA
code name for the worksheet is being resolved to the most recently
opened workbook (activework.name and projectplan.parent.name do not
match). Is there a way of making the commandbar realize that it has to
resolve the name to the activeworkbook and not the most recently opened
workbook. I do not want to use the sheet names in order to reference
the worksheet.

Thanks,
Naveen