Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
william_mailer[_3_] william_mailer[_3_] is offline

Default Split field based on number of characters and space

My explanation was crap, i do apologise !!

If the string is longer than 30 characters, I need the text before the
last space before the 30 character limit.........

Example:

String: This is a massively long string of text and I want to split it

Result1: This is a massively long
Result2: string of text and I want to split it

Note: If I split at 30 characters I break a word so I want to split at
the previous space !

Hope this makes sense !

--
william_mailer