Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

Default Offset Method and Interpreting Absolutes in Range Objects

To my knowledge, the address command always returns absolute ranges. You
could test this by removing the $ before the A and trying again.

Depending on what you are doing a fill command may work better. Would need
more information though.

JNW

"ExcelMonkey" wrote:

I have the following code below which offsets a cell range. Two questions:

1) Why is the row (7) absoluted in the revised range?
2) The Offset does not appear to recognize the fact that the cell $A7 has
its column absoluted therefore it increments this to column "B". Why is this
(aside from the fact that I told it to do it (0,1)? Is there a way of using
the Offset Method to have it interpret absolutes properly?

Thanks

Suspectedrng= "$A7"
Set r = Range(Suspectedrng)
RevisedRngRight = r.Offset(0, 1).Address

?RevisedRngRight
$B$7