Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Parameters.Refresh

See if this gives a clue:

PRB: ADO Parameters.Refresh Fails with MSDAORA Provider and Parameterized
Query

Tom Ogilvy

"Jim Heavey" wrote in message
I was looking for documentation as to what the Parameters.Refresh method
does. I suspect that it is somehow initializing the Parameter oject

within
the Command with the number of parameters which are in my stored

procedure.

Anyway, when I get to that line of code I get a "-2147217900 (80040e14)"

and
that message says, more or less that my SQL statement is invalid. The

only
SQL statement I have is what is calling the stored procedure. In the

message
box I seem to be getting message back from Oracle indicating that I have

the
wrong number of paramters and/or the wrong types. At this juncture, I

have
not loaded my parameters.

Here is my code....

Dim cnn As New ADODB.Connection
Dim Rs As ADODB.Recordset
cnn.ConnectionString = "Provider=MSDAORA.1;Password=YYYYYYYY;User
ID=XXXXXX;Data Source=ZZZZZZZZZZ;Persist Security Info=True"
cnn.Open

Dim cmd As New ADODB.Command
cmd.ActiveConnection = cnn
cmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
cmd.CommandText = "OPS_UI_QUERIES.QRY_PROD_Data"
cmd.Parameters.Refresh

cmd.Parameters(1).Name = "i_User_ID"
cmd.Parameters(1).Type = adInteger
cmd.Parameters(1).Value = 1