Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lost in Alabama Lost in Alabama is offline

Default Last Row - Select to end of sheet

You guys are so Awesome. Your knowledge is endless and it is such a Blessing
that you are willing to share it!

Thanks to you all!

"Mike Fogleman" wrote:

Thanks Tom. Interesting discussion.
Mike F
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Another way to look at it is as a shortcut for the item property

Range("B9").Item(1,1) is "B9"

Range("B9").Item(2) would be "B10"

See Alan Beban's little discussion on Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/cells.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"Mike Fogleman" wrote in message
Tom, I have not seen the use of the (2) like this before.

FirstRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)(2).Row

How does this work? (1) is the last row, and (0) is next to last row??

Mike F
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
firstrow = cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2).row
Range(FirstRow & ":65536").ClearContents

Tom Ogilvy

"Lost in Alabama" wrote in
message
Hello!

I am trying to create a section of macro to find the first row of data
from
the bottom of the sheet up, select one row down from the ActiveRow to

the
end
of the sheet, then Clear the content of the selected rows. The row
location
of the data is always different.

I have tried the folowing, but it does not work. I would greatly
appreciate
help!

Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Rows("1:65536").EntireRow.Select
Selection.Clear