Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Importing External Data Locks Source Workbook

please be aware of a serious memoryleak when you use
ADODB to query an OPEN workbook.
(see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319998/en-us

You code should close the connection as soon as
it's retrieved the data, AND you should check that the workbook
is NOT open in the current instance of excel.

I'm not sure on how it will go with shared workbooks.

Excel was never intended for multiuser work, and I would seriously
consider moving your data to an mdb. (data can then be accessed via
queries, users dont need Msaccess.)

--
keepITcool

Pablo wrote :

I have imported external data from one workbook to another. Everytime
I refresh the data, no one can open the source file. Is there anyway
to disconnect the ole db query or create something on vb to
disconnect it. I am in a network environment and need other people
to be able to access the file even if I refresh.
Thank you