Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] ChazE911@gmail.com is offline

Default Exit Event with a single textbox control

I'd like to password protect some features of a spreadsheet, so to take
advantage of the PasswordChar Property of a Textbox control, I created
a small userform with only a text box on it. My intention was to
replace the InputBox function since it doesn't allow character
protection. Unfortunately, with no other controls on the form it
appears that I can't get the exit event to fire without closing the
userform...

If I put another text box on the userform, the exit event fires just
fine when I tab out of the first control.

Am I missing something?

Here are the applicable code fragments
'
' From a UserForm called PSSDataForm
'
Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As
Integer)
Load PasswordDataForm
PasswordDataForm.Show
End Sub

'
' From PasswordDataForm
' PasswordBox is the textbox control where I enter the password
'
Sub PasswordBox_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
If PasswordBox.Value = ClosurePassword Then
Unload PSSDataForm
Unload PasswordDataForm
Else
'
' Do other stuff here
'

Excel 2002, all current service packs applied, runnning on XP Pro SP1.
(Don't start - its my work laptop and we haven't rolled out SP2 yet...)