Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Last Row - Select to end of sheet

It's a form of offsetting, it will take the row after the last non-empty row
found. It is similar to

FirstRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Range("A2").Row

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Mike Fogleman" wrote in message
Tom, I have not seen the use of the (2) like this before.

FirstRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)(2).Row

How does this work? (1) is the last row, and (0) is next to last row??

Mike F
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
firstrow = cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2).row
Range(FirstRow & ":65536").ClearContents

Tom Ogilvy

"Lost in Alabama" wrote in
message
Hello!

I am trying to create a section of macro to find the first row of data

from
the bottom of the sheet up, select one row down from the ActiveRow to

the
end
of the sheet, then Clear the content of the selected rows. The row

location
of the data is always different.

I have tried the folowing, but it does not work. I would greatly

appreciate
help!

Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Rows("1:65536").EntireRow.Select
Selection.Clear