Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Dyn Named Range update from userform

The processor works on one thing at a time. within the grand scheme of
things, the operating system allocates out use of the processor to all the
different processes and with a process like Excel, VBA also gets allocated
some processing time. When VBA is running a demanding task, it may not
relinquish the processor to allow other processes and subprocesses to run.
Doevents tells VBA to "rest" and let the other processes catch up on their
work. It isn't a major pause or anything, but sometimes it helps when you
are depending on other things to happen such as in your case.

You might try it without the Doevents and see if the calculate alone is
enough. Or try a ThisWorkbook.Calculate instead of the sheet level
calculate. Or just leave the Doevents in.

Tom Ogilvy

"KD" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Tom.

It works, but can you explain to me how it worked? I am familiar with
'doevents', but not in this usage.

Thanks again,

James KD