Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_5_] Jim Thomlinson[_5_] is offline

Default Think Tank; I Need Your Help!

Both of those fields should be included in the Middle section of the pivot.
If they are displaying one over top of the other instead of in seperate
columns just drag the Grey data box and drop it at the top row of the table
(right now it is probably in the left column instead of top row). Pivots are
great because you can just drag tings around until they look the way you
want. That should fix your column total problem.

I do not understand the second part of your problem with the teams playing
different numbers of games. But it is important to note that out of that one
set of source data you could have multiple pivot tables. Create a second
table and put the team at the top and the dates in the left column. Now you
have a completely different report from one set of data. You can even group
your dates by month (right click the dates and select group), and sum your
amounts by month.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"rowles80" wrote:

I will put in the team names which should help with your suggestion...

But the poblem is I need to display the totals of both the "wages"
colomn and the "totals" colomn for the date that I am displaying with
the pivot table... the hard thing is that each team doesn't play the
same amount of games.

Any suggestions there?

--
rowles80