Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matt[_34_] Matt[_34_] is offline

Default Text to columns by format type???

Thanks for the feedback, but I think I did not explain it correctly.
From my understanding the macro above would 'Trim' the empty spaces.

But the data I have does not have excess spaces. The data is all in
one column but the hierarchical structure is shown by increasing indent
format. As in, when I click on format cells and go into alignment the
first order class has a left alignment ident value of 1 and the second
order data has left alignment indent value of 2...

here is the URL I am pulling data from and trying to capture the
hierarchy.
http://www.alanwood.net/pesticides/c...ecticides.html

thanks