Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PG Oriel PG Oriel is offline

Default Macro on cell click??

Hi... all ok now.

Made it so the top bit wasn't red and it all works brilliantly.

Thanks!!

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

There is no on click event in Excel (there is for embeded buttons but not for
cells). There is selection change, but that will not fire if you click the
same cell twice in a row. How about double click? Place this code directly
into the sheet (right click the approporiate tab and select view code. Paste
the following

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Cancel = True
Select Case Target.Value
Case Empty
Target.Value = "x"
Case "x"
Target.Value = "xx"
Case "xx"
Target.Value = 15
End Select

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"PG Oriel" wrote:

I am a school teacher and use my interactive whiteboard a lot, which is away
from my keyboard. I have a spreadsheet which I log behavioural issues in with
a x, xx, 15 depending on severity of warning.

I have this in the background and open it when i need to input my warnings.
This involves me going to my desk and keying it in.

Is there a way to click on a cell with the mouse, change it to a x, then if
I click a second time to change it to a xx, and then on 3rd click to 15.

I can do it using buttons, but is there any way to do it using a clicking
sequence ona cell only??? Thanks!!!