Dave Peterson

Make sure you used the combobox from the control toolbox toolbar.

I'd set the style to: fmstyledropdownlist
and change the matchentry to: fmmatchentrycomplete

While in design mode--also an icon on that control toolbox toolbar, right click
on the combobox and select properties and you'll find these settings.

(Data|Validation doesn't support this.)

cfriedberg wrote:

I currently use Excel 2000, and have a list of names. I would like to
create a combo box that would allow the user to either find the name by
scrolling through or by typing in the first few letters of the name.
When I create the combo box on the worksheet using the forms button for
combo box, it doesn't allow me to type in the first few letters. any
help appreciated. charles

--
cfriedberg
cfriedberg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25652