Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LindhJonas LindhJonas is offline

Default visual basic Mid() does not work with swedish version of excel

Hi Nick

Thank you for your prompt answer.
For many reasons it is more practical to work in an English version of
excel, as most literature as well as visual basic and common formulas are in
English.
My customer however is using Swedish Excel.

When I test my application on my "Swedish" computer nothing worked as
expected.
You are right I tested the Mid() function as a separate case and it worked.

In the English version I don't need to Dim constants but areas and if I need
to transfer values between procedures. I normally do this in a separate
Module and only once.

In the Swedish version every single expression has to be dimensioned and
also re-dimensioned in every single Module.

The Swedish version looks to be from Stone Age to me.
Do you have experience or good hints from bilingual problems, or if there
are parameters to be set to allow me to use my application on other computers.

Appreciate your kindness.

Best regards
Jonas

"NickHK" wrote:

Jonas,
Usually when VBA error on such "normal" lines, it indicates that there is a
compile error somewhere else in your code, but the IDE picks that line, for
some unknown reason.
Comment out that line, then do a "Full Compile" and see what others error(s)
are flagged.

NickHK

"LindhJonas" wrote in message
I am using the function Result = Mid(Mystring, Start, lenght) in Visual

Basic.
It is working perfect with an english version of Excel.
The swedish version gives compile error "Cant find the project or

library"
Visual Basic is not avialable in a swedish version .

Is it possible that this function can only be used in english speeking
countries?
Anyone else with this experience or a solution to the problem.

There is no problem if I use Mid as a spread sheet function.
Using Result = Application.WorksheetFunction.Mid(Mystring, Start,

lenght)
in Visual Basic does not help.

Unhappy Swede
Jonas