Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How can I make a cell mandatory?

Why wait until the user tries to do a save?

Why not just use an adjacent cell and give the user a message:

=if(and(a1<"",b1=""),"Please enter a value in B1","")

As a user, I think I would appreciate the immediate feedback.

alche wrote:

Hello,

I searched the forums and were able to find similar things but cannot
make it work for the action that I need.

I am trying to make B1 a mandatory cell if user puts data in A1. So if
there is data in A1 and B1 is empty, an error message should be
displayed on Save. I am sure it is not very hard but I am not much of
an Excel programmer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

--