Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default visual basic Mid() does not work with swedish version of excel

Jonas,
Usually when VBA error on such "normal" lines, it indicates that there is a
compile error somewhere else in your code, but the IDE picks that line, for
some unknown reason.
Comment out that line, then do a "Full Compile" and see what others error(s)
are flagged.

NickHK

"LindhJonas" wrote in message
I am using the function Result = Mid(Mystring, Start, lenght) in Visual

Basic.
It is working perfect with an english version of Excel.
The swedish version gives compile error "Cant find the project or

library"
Visual Basic is not avialable in a swedish version .

Is it possible that this function can only be used in english speeking
countries?
Anyone else with this experience or a solution to the problem.

There is no problem if I use Mid as a spread sheet function.
Using Result = Application.WorksheetFunction.Mid(Mystring, Start,

lenght)
in Visual Basic does not help.

Unhappy Swede
Jonas