Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default visual basic Mid() does not work with swedish version of excel

mid is a standard vb function.

when VBA comes up with this type of problem it's due to a missing
reference (to ANY object library).

check tools/references in VBE. you'll find a referenced object library
listed as MISSING (or the swedish version of that word :)

uncheck or (re)install the missing library.

--
keepITcool

LindhJonas wrote :

I am using the function Result = Mid(Mystring, Start, lenght) in
Visual Basic. It is working perfect with an english version of Excel.
The swedish version gives compile error "Cant find the project or
library" Visual Basic is not avialable in a swedish version .

Is it possible that this function can only be used in english
speeking countries?
Anyone else with this experience or a solution to the problem.

There is no problem if I use Mid as a spread sheet function.
Using Result = Application.WorksheetFunction.Mid(Mystring, Start,
lenght) in Visual Basic does not help.

Unhappy Swede
Jonas