Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default sort an array

Are you calling the function from a worksheet?
UDF's cannot change the workbook in any way: they can only return values.

Tim

"Greg" wrote in message

I have a following Function and the sort does not appear to be working
:( .

Any help is greatly appreciated.

*******************
Function interpolate(kind As String, x As Long, inputx As Range, inputy As
Range)

Dim n As Integer, i As Integer, j As Integer, index As Integer

n = inputx.Cells.Count

' I.Combine Xs in Ys into one range and sort it
Dim rngXY As Range

Set rngXY = Union(inputx, inputy)

If rngXY.Rows.Count < rngXY.Columns.Count Then
rngXY.Sort Key1:=rngXY.Cells(1, 1), Order1:=xlAscending,
Orientation:=xlLeftToRight
Else
rngXY.Sort Key1:=rngXY.Cells(1, 1), Order1:=xlAscending
End If

'More code

End Function

--