Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default changing one percentage, but total must be 100

If there is some dependency between the different items which make up the
100%, then the nature of the dependency would dictate how other items change
when one is adjusted.

In other words, to get a definitive answer you'll need to explain exactly
how you would expect changing one item to "affect other items"...

Tim.

"Laurie" wrote in message
Yes, its more complicated than that. I am setting up an application it
has
to be user friendly and must allow for all possibilities. If the user
wants
to see how changing one percentage may affect other items in the
application,
how can I keep my total 100% if the user choses to change any cell to a
different percentage?

"Tim Williams" wrote:

If you add 5 to one of them, subtract 5 from one of the others...
Maybe you were looking for something a bit more complicated though.

Tim

"Laurie" wrote in message
I am trying to create a macro/function that will allow me to change a
percentage in a row, adjust the remaining percentages to still keep my
total
100%. I am lost and need help.

Thanks!