Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Laurie Laurie is offline

Default changing one percentage, but total must be 100

Yes, its more complicated than that. I am setting up an application it has
to be user friendly and must allow for all possibilities. If the user wants
to see how changing one percentage may affect other items in the application,
how can I keep my total 100% if the user choses to change any cell to a
different percentage?

"Tim Williams" wrote:

If you add 5 to one of them, subtract 5 from one of the others...
Maybe you were looking for something a bit more complicated though.

Tim

"Laurie" wrote in message
I am trying to create a macro/function that will allow me to change a
percentage in a row, adjust the remaining percentages to still keep my
total
100%. I am lost and need help.

Thanks!