Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing the value of a year in a given format

Untested

For Each cell In Selection
With cell
If IsDate(.VAlue) Then
If Year(.Value) = 2006 Then
.Value =
DateSerial(Year(.Value)-2,Month(.value),Day(.Value))
End With
Next cell

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"cdbiggs" wrote in message
I'm trying to write a sub that will take a date from a given cell - say
1/01/2006, and then change that to read 1/01/2004. I would physically go

in
to do it to each cell, however, there' s over 10,000 cells, and I thought

program would be easier. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.