Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default Import Charts and Data to Access

You could use the chart's Export method to create a GIF or JPG of the plot
and then use ADO to insert the image into a BLOB column.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...233228dfa53c4e

Alternatively, put the image in the filesystem and store the path to the
image in the database.

Tim.

"Kyriaki" wrote in message
Thanks but the Transferspreadsheet aclink works only for data import and
not
for chart. How can I import a chart?? I dont know I put the range of chart
but nothing is imported. Maybe tha chart is a special case is not
considered
as a range but as an object? How can I import a Chart to Access???

"Bruno Campanini" wrote:

"Kyriaki" wrote in message
Hello
I have an excel sheet containing data and graphs(Charts) based on them.
want these data and graphs to be imported to Access. Data must be
linked
together with specific graph (chart). I dont mind if the graph (Chart)
is
imported as image.
I want to have a combo box on the top of a form. When I select an
option
appear the data with the specific graph(chart).
How I can do that??
Is there any example similar on the internet to look at it??
Please help me!
Thanks in advance

I think the best way to have all things fully updated is
to have in Access a table linked with a range in excel,
e.g.:
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acLink, _
SpreadSheetType:=acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, _
TableName:="LinkTab", _

FileName:="C:\Document\Excel\XLS\Statistica.xls",
_
HasFieldNames:=False, _
Range:="Trasposizione!O36:P53"

and the Chart created in Access based on that linked table.

Ciao
Bruno