Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default VBA code to locate the command bar number the printer button is on

Hi Mike,

The following version restricts operation to visible commandbars:

'=============
Public Sub TesterA001()
Dim Ctrl As Office.CommandBarControl
For Each Ctrl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=4)
With Ctrl
If .Parent.Visible Then
MsgBox "Commandbar: " & .Parent.Name _
& " position = " & .Index
End If
End With
Next Ctrl
End Sub
'<<=============

---
Regards,
Norman

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Mike,

As a starting point, try:

'=============
Public Sub TesterA001()
Dim Ctrl As Office.CommandBarControl
For Each Ctrl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=4)
MsgBox "Commandbar: " & Ctrl.Parent.Name _
& " position = " &
Ctrl.Index
Next Ctrl
End Sub
'<<=============

---
Regards,
Norman

"mikeburg" wrote
in message ...

What would be the simplest VBA code to locate the command bar number
that the printer command button is on & put the number into a
variable.

I am trying to add two command buttons immediately after the printer
command button but it's on different command bars from computer to
computer.

For example, it may be on command bar #3 on one computer but on #4 of
another computer.

Thanks. I dream of a day when I would be half as good at VBA as you
guys. Thanks, mikeburg

--
mikeburg
mikeburg's Profile: