Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default builtdocumentproperties=value in a cell

In the ThisWorkbook.Module

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave( _
ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)
ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties( _
"comments").VALUE = ThisWorkbook.Names("total") _
RefersToRange.Value
End Sub

You can also just use

Range("Total").Value I would think.

Tom Ogilvy

"mhoffmeier" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm new to this programming thing, and am making a simple mistake I'm
sure. I'd like to set a document property to equal a cell's value,
that cell is named "total". What is wrong with the following? It sets
the comments value to the word total, not the numeric value in the cell
named "value". Also,how would I get it to run automaticaly on save?
The goal here is to be able to see the totals in estimates before
opening them.

Sub total()
ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("comments") .VALUE = total

End Sub

The properties it sets show up in excel under the file/properties
dialog box when the file is open, but don't show up in windows until I
close the file. Not a big deal, but it seems odd that they don't
update when the file is saved.