Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Macro Works but not in Debug Step mode

There's no reason this should happen. I would run the code
through Rob Bovey's Code Cleaner to clean out unnecessary code
that VBA keeps around. See
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm .

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Bob Smedley" wrote in
message ...
When trying to debug some of my code in step mode I get to this
particular
line and it just stops.

ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("StatusData").Select
On Error Resume Next
strTest = Range("Vision").Text <<<< stops on this line

If (Err.Number < 0) Or (strTest = "FALSE") Then

The error object is not filled, nothing. It acts as is the
statement was
"End".

I've also tried it with "strTest =
Worksheets("StatusData").Range("Vision").Text" but does the
same thing.

strTest is Dim'd as a string.

The range "Vision" that I am looking for does not exist (that's
why I'm
doing in line error checking).

Any ideas why it would just stop without any notification of
why in step
mode but work properly when run normally?

thanks