Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default Built In Support for Sorting Objects

Try something like this:

http://www.vbrad.com/pf.asp?p=source...collection.htm

Or create a disconnected ADO recordset, populate its columns with your
object properties and then sort that.

Tim.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an upcoming project requiring that VBA objects be sorted.

I know that I can write the objects out to a Worksheet and then sort
the objects and re-read them.

But I'd prefer to keep everything in memory.

.. Um I've googled and discovered functions for Quicksort and
Bubblesort.

I could use those. But,

Does Excel provide any support for sorting objects.

Like Java does with the Comparable class or like C does with Quicksort
and a pointer to a function.

To give you an idea of what I'm working on, objects are first sorted
on a double, then the objects
are broken into a partition and sorted within the partition, then the
partitions are sorted, and then
partitions of the partitions are sorted.

Thanks.