Connie Martin

I'm just getting back to this worksheet today and came here to see if anyone
answered. I don't think this is what I'm looking for, at least I don't see
anything there that answers my question. Also, it is somewhat Greek to me.
All I want is that as soon as I colour the cell yellow, it will put in the
value of another cell. I have a feeling this cannot be done.

Connie

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Did you color them via Format|Cells or Format|Conditional formatting.

If the first, then visit Chip Pearson's site and see how you can use a
UserDefined function return the color of a cell.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

If the color of the cell is from format|conditional formatting, I think I'd just
use the same rules in another cell (a nice formula) to determine what color the
cell should be.

But if you want to try some VBA (not for the faint of heart), Chip has some
code:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm

Connie Martin wrote:

I have a huge spreadsheet of data. Certain cells are coloured yellow. What
I would like is a formula that I can enter in all the cells of the column
that would say: "If this particular cell is coloured yellow then it should
equal O43, otherwise it's to be left blank."

Thank you
Connie

--

Dave Peterson