Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
avveerkar[_25_] avveerkar[_25_] is offline

Default Disabling cell resizing, Unmerging cells

Reggie Wrote:
Is there anyway I can disable cell resizing or unmerging of cells,
while
leaving the cell/merged cells unprotected. The reason I need the
cells/merged
cells to be unprotected is because I'm making a form where the user
will need
to type text on specific cells. I want them to be able to type on the
cell
but not modify it in anyway.

I think if you protect the sheet leaving only those cells unlocked ,
where you want users to enter data, it works exactly the same way you
want. If you keep a cell unlocked ( fromat cell protectuntick lock )
and then protect the sheet, user will only be able write contents to
the cell. His access to formatting, resizing of the cell is totally
blocked. At least that is how EXCEL2000 behaves.

A V Veerkar

--
avveerkar
avveerkar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30338