Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] welyakim@gmail.com is offline

Default Recompile com object while excel is running

I'm very new to this so please bear with me. I have created a c# class
wich is a COM object. I call methods of that object from VBA in excel.
It all works well. great. However, sometimes I want to make changes to
the class in C#. I find that I can't recompile the class in the visual
studio .net compiler becuase it says that the files are in use. In
order to compile I need to totaly shut down excel. Is there anyway I
can compile without shutting down excel? The macro is finished, why
does it still hold on to the dll?

On a possibly related note. The c# class makes a soap call to another
server (which is single threaded). The C# object is holding the
connection to the soap server and is blocking other requests. The
connection is not closed until Excel quits.

Please Help!