Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JC[_11_] JC[_11_] is offline

Default Macro Programming Syntax

I have a workbook with 2 worksheets, SUM and Weekly Forecast. Based on the
weekly forecast we hold excess stock of product for a predetermined number of
weeks. The number of weeks can change with each quarter of the year. I am
trying modify the file so that when a new forecast is loaded Excel will
create updated excess stock values.

From the Excel side:

I have my cursor in cell N5, the date in cell N4 is 06-FEB-06, cell N3 has
the value 1 from the formula =1+INT((MONTH(N$4)-1)/3) {this tells which
quarter to use}. Column B contains the value for each item for the first
quarter, Col E is Q2, Col H is Q3 and Col K is Q4. I have a formula which I
manually enter to calculate the excess based on that quarters value. That
formula is: =IF($B5=0,0,SUM('Weekly Forecast'!O5:OFFSET('Weekly
Forecast'!O5,0,SUM!$B5-1))).

This works fine for the first quarter, but when I get into the second
quarter I have to manually change $B5 to $E5 and so on. This gets very
cumbersome.

What I would like is some method to read the month value from row 3 and use
this to determine which col to use to get the weeks value.

I have been banging my head on this for a few weeks to any help would be
appreciated.

--
Thanks in advance,
JC