Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default loop replacement of multiple if-then's

josh,

I still don't understand what you expected the code to do: find the value P somewhere, and then do
what? Quit? Keep looking for other P's? To critique code requires a knowledge of what the code is
expected to do.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"dsi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the suggestion but I really wanted to know what is wrong
with _my_ code. It has become sort of philosophical, I have a working
"hack" and Excel is really not the solution to the task it is being
applied to, I just have an internal drive to understand what I did
wrong that makes the loop infinite. I thought it was something obvious
that I merely missed but appearently it is something deeper and I am
unwilling to delve into it (it being a bandaid solution in the
first-place). I do like to discover the reason behind unexpected
behaviour rather than merely "fix" it but this problem isn't really
time-effective to do that with.

Bernie, your suggestion did make me change the way I would approach
this problem in the future, thanks for working with me.

josh